Over the past couple of months, our news outlets have been inundated with incredible stories of the bravery of women facing sexual assault, inequality and gender pay gap issues. Now, more than ever, women need to stand together, stand up and fight for gender parity. Friends, family, acquaintances and colleagues are in the fight to #PressForProgress and now it’s YOUR turn to get involved.
Today, the world will join together for International Women’s Day 2018 and collectively celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women around the world, as well as demanding that the world sits up and listens to the need for accelerating gender parity across the globe.
Working at an incredible company like Women in Healthcare UK has given me a unique insight into the world of strong women. On a day to day basis, I come into contact with a plethora of strong, independent and empowering women from all walks of life who inspire me to do great things. These women have taught me that the woman who does not require validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet, that strength is beauty, that nobody gives you power but yourself and that women should be there to fix each other’s crowns, not to knock them off.
I have watched mothers, daughters, sisters, colleagues and acquaintances empower each other and this year feels like an extra special celebration of women around the world as a result of these inspiring ladies.
But what qualities have the members of Women in Healthcare UK shown that make a strong woman?
- Strong women know who they are
- Strong women are proud of their flaws and embrace them
- Strong women challenge themselves and see every new day as an opportunity
- Strong women NEVER put other women down
- Strong women know how to be happy and what makes them happy
- A strong woman stands up for herself and what she believes in
- A strong woman isn’t afraid to ask for help
- A strong woman knows its okay not to be okay
- A strong woman will ALWAYS fix the crown of her fellow queens, not knock it off
- Strong women strive for greatness and won’t stop before they get it
- A strong woman sets an example for the younger generation
So, ladies, it’s time to come together and celebrate inspiring women around the world.
It’s time to crown YOUR queen! Comment with who you are honouring this International Women’s Day 2018